• Question: How many years do you have to do in university to become a physiotherapist? How about if you wanted to specialise in horses?

    Asked by smccall to Amy, Drew, Julia, Kimberley, Sara on 23 Jun 2011.
    • Photo: Drew Rae

      Drew Rae answered on 17 Jun 2011:

      Hi smccall,
      You can search all university websites in the uk in google by saying something like “site:ac.uk vetinary physiotherapy”. There are three and four year undergraduate degrees, as well as some programs you can do after you finish a different undergraduate degree.

    • Photo: Amy MacQueen

      Amy MacQueen answered on 17 Jun 2011:

      Its a good idea to check out the universities you are interested in as they may have different requirements and lengths of courses. I lived with a physio and her course was 4 years in Glasgow. There are lots of courses in equine science which may be of interest to you too! 🙂

    • Photo: Julia Griffen

      Julia Griffen answered on 17 Jun 2011:

      Hey… I’m a little bit obsessed with horses.. so i could talk for a century on the topic.. do you ride or have a horse??

      To become a pysiotherapist you may need to get qualifications in sport science… not too sure about which ones.. best to do some thorough searching..
      With regards to specialising in horses.. That sounds more like a vetinary route to me.. there are many courses in equine science.. again look up good equine colleges for ideas!! I’d love to do any of there courses if I was loaded!

    • Photo: Sara Imari Walker

      Sara Imari Walker answered on 23 Jun 2011:

      Hello smccall!! I don’t know too much about this. I am glad to see it looks like you have been getting great advice from everyone else though!